When I started the Working Parent Resource in September 2015, it started out as a single page on a website that listed my favorite books, articles, and podcasts related to juggling work and motherhood. As a new mom with a demanding full-time job in the legal field, my only goal at the time was to have a central hub of reliable information I could share with other working parents who were struggling the way I was.
It was – very literally – a resource for working parents.
Four years later, the purpose of this company has expanded in a whole lot of different ways. Offering resources to working parents has been, and always will be, a fundamental part of what we do here. But a lot has changed too.
- Now, in addition to my favorite recommended resources, we also offer a whole Library full of free trainings, exercises, and challenges specifically designed to help working parents apply what they learn to create happier and healthier lives.
- We produce a popular podcast, the Working Parent Resource Podcast, so we can really explore the nuances of life as a working parent. It’s a great place to dive into personal stories and hear valuable insights from a range of experts.
- Our unique perspective on working parenthood is regularly featured on podcasts, in magazines, and in the media (you can check all of that out on our Press page, if you’ve missed it).
My first book is in development, and should be published in late 2019 or early 2020.
- We also have a substantive consulting practice dedicated to helping working parents and their partners blend their work, family, and life in a way that works for them.
- And in 2018, we started spreading our message even further by offering workshops and other trainings to companies, associations, and parenting groups.
The scope of our purpose is much broader than just offering resources for working parents now. It’s time our name reflects where we’re going, rather than where we’ve been.
So, today I am excited to announce that going forward, the Working Parent Resource will be known as… The Argenal Institute!
The sole purpose of The Argenal Institute is to eradicate the burnout epidemic that’s crushing working parents, so they can finally start enjoying these precious years of their life.
It’s clear we need to shift our thinking around the way we approach working parenthood in the 21st century, because we’re just not getting it. We have all of the research and all of the resources we need to live fulfilling and healthy lives, and we’re still not doing it. My mission is to understand the problem from your perspective, to understand all of the different layers of complexity of this phase of life, and facilitate solutions for individuals, companies, and society as a whole based on that unique set of circumstances.
In my next post, I’ll tell you how we’re actually going to accomplish this ambitious goal. If you want a sneak-peek, feel free to check out the new headquarters for The Argenal Institute, at https://argenalinstitute.com.
Thank you, as always, for your support and for joining me on this mission to eradicate burnout for working parents. It all starts with you!
Learn more at The Argenal Institute!